Arriving at Edinburgh Waverley station, you'll have a chance to freshen up in the lounge before a private transfer brings you to your hotel.
Arriving first thing in the morning, your room might not be be ready just yet, but you'll be able to drop off your luggage and head out to explore the city.
Here's our destination guide to Edinburgh to help you decide where to go first.
You can eat breakfast on the train, but you might prefer to enjoy a leisurely brunch in one of Edinburgh's many excellent cafes - we'll give you a guide to our favourites to get you started, and we can book a table for you too.
Edinburgh is Scotland's largest and most populous city, with almost half a million people calling it home. There are a wealth of activities, sights and cultural experiences, and so many excellent places to eat and drink that we barely know where to start! When we arrange your trip, we'll find out your interests and preferences so we can help you plan an itinerary that suits you.
Once you've refreshed and refuelled, it's time to explore this historic city. A few unmissable things we recommend:
- Pay a visit to Edinburgh Castle
- Explore the treasures of the National Museum of Scotland or the Scottish National Gallery
- Take a stroll in the Royal Botanic Gardens
- Walk up Calton Hill for the views
- Step back in time at Real Mary King's Close
- Treat yourself to a cake from Lovecrumbs
- Have dinner at the Witchery or Number One at the Balmoral
- Enjoy a cocktail at Bramble
Let us know if you'd like us to make dinner reservations for you, or if you'd prefer to keep your options open and see what you can find.